CafeList Blog - Coffee/Tea News, Events, Resources

The official blog of Cafe-List.com

Thursday, January 05, 2006

How I got hooked on tea

Since this is the beginning of the year. I felt compelled to talk about how I began to be intrigued by tea.

It all started with a regular summer visit to the tea capital of the world. When I was much, much younger I would go to England every summer to visit my Grandparents, Aunts, and Uncles. It was always a fun vacation for me. And every time I came back I was always speaking "proper" english.

Anywho, it was one of these nights on one of these vacations that I was first intrigued by tea. Now I have had tea before this. But one night my grandparents & company were chatting in the living room and my grandmother gave my a snack before bedtime. This snack was biscuit and tea. However the tea looked different that the tea I am used to. The tea had a light brown color... and I was used to a dark brown color. So I looked at the beverage skeptically and asked "What's that?!" she replied "Tea." I said "Why does it look like that?". She said "It's tea with milk." "Oh", I said.

I had no idea people put milk in tea. And when I tasted it..... let's just say that to this day, for the most part I add milk to my tea. This little experience showed me that there was more to tea that I was used to. So I began looking into different types of teas and never looked back.

That's my story. We'll be willing to add your story. All you have to do is just email us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home